About the Role
Our Access to Higher Education courses are specifically designed for adult learners who may not have the traditional qualifications required to reach university or are looking for a career change into a different industry. The role involves delivering curriculum content on both our Access to Health Science Professions and Access to Social Work pathways. The courses are high intensity courses that serve to develop students subject knowledge and academic skills over one academic year in order to support students in entering higher education in the following year.
What You Will Do
- Keighley College is looking for a Teacher to join our small but ambitious Access to HE team.
- Teaching will involve Level 2 and Level 3 adult learners who aspire to study at university in careers around Health Sciences and Social Work.
- We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the necessary knowledge, enthusiasm and skill to help support our learners to achieve their full potential.
- The role involves all aspects of teaching, such as preparation of resources, delivery, marking and assessing.
- You will be required to take part in internal and external verification processes.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about learners, ensuring that they are provided with an outstanding learning journey whilst at Keighley College.
- A commitment to work hard with a keen sense of organisation are important skills as is the ability to have fun and enjoy working alongside the fantastic staff and students we have at Keighley College.
- The ideal candidate will have experience supporting adult learners or those who may experience barriers to learning.
- Flexibility in the method of delivery to enable all learners to be able to access content that may have been missed.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Our core purpose is to improve the life chances of our learners. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections.
Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.