About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic Administrative professional to join out team in the Student Life Directorate. Our main focus is to ensure learner have a great experience with us and are well supported pastorally.
This is a varied role giving you the opportunity to be involved across different teams and tasks within this directorate. This is a key role that requires excellent attention to detail, ability to work with data, and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
Based at our Park Lane Campus, which is easy accessible via train or bus. We are able to offer hybrid working in this role.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible as we are interviewing as and when we receive suitable applications, therefore the role may close before the advertised closing date.
What You Will Do
- You will provide administrative support to Student Life teams, with a specific focus on safeguarding, wellbeing, health, behaviour, care experience and relational practice.
- You will undertake a range of planning and organisational tasks contributing to cross-college project delivery, including Relational Practice, Safeguarding and wider personal development, behaviour and attitudes related workstreams.
- You will be responsible for a range of general administration duties including preparing and presenting written reports, minutes, documents, spreadsheets and updating of college systems using Microsoft and Google applications.
- You will have a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- Knowledge and competence in Microsoft applications including Excel and an understanding of Google applications.
- Experience of working across different teams to tasks
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and written, and the ability to develop effective communication systems across multiple teams.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail skills.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.