About the Role
Part-Time contract: 29.6 hours per week
Fixed Term until April 2024
Leeds City College has recently achieved accreditation to award QTS. Working as part of the Luminate Partnership for ITT, we will be recruiting and training trainees to two new routes for this coming academic year and the growth plan is to develop and expand our routes to QTS year on year.
Recently graded ‘Good’ for our ITT post compulsory provision, the Teacher Training Learning and Development department has a robust history of training teachers for the Further Education sector and we are delighted to expand our offer to include courses which will train teachers for the Secondary and Primary sectors.
What You Will Do
- This is an exciting time to join the department, at the initial stages and be part of its growth and development.
- As Placement coordinator you will actively engage with and develop partnerships with primary and secondary schools within the local area
- Coordinate a high quality work placement programme for ITT trainees across the partnership.
- Develop and maintain effective links with placement providers to secure high quality work experience and progression opportunities for ITT trainees, in line with trainee aptitudes, interests, skills and abilities.
- Take a lead role in quality assuring placement provision across the partnership attending meetings with mentors and trainees to gain feedback on progress.
- Monitor the placement provision of our trainee teachers, providing them with support where necessary
- You will have experience as a classroom practitioner in either the Primary or Secondary sector.
- You will have good knowledge of the schools provision within the local Leeds area.
- You will have some experience working alongside mentors in a school setting.
- You will have a good knowledge of the requirements to train on a QTS course, the compliance criteria and an excellent knowledge and understanding of the Teachers’ Standards.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.