About the Role
Reduced year contract: 38 weeks for the academic year.
Due to the position being fixed term, the number of weeks will be confirmed depending on the successful candidate start date.
Keighley College is looking for an enthusiastic Adult Support Mentor to join our dedicated team. Our Learning Support Team prides itself on finding someone who has the experience and ability to connect with students and provide the best possible service to support their learning and become independent.
What You Will Do
- To be responsible for a caseload of students who have SEND needs acting as the main point of contact for the students while they are enrolled to Leeds City College.
- To assist with transition into, through and out of Keighley College for the caseload of students who have SEND, working collaboratively with Schools, parents and other partners.
- To deliver an agreed number of hours of direct support within the classroom for students who have been assessed as having support needs.
- Maintain accurate, precise and timely records of support provided for students who have SEND needs and progress being made or interventions needed.
- Attend SEND team, cross-college and external meetings as required.
- Attend continuous professional development activities as required and ensure best practice is disseminated within teams.
- Good organisational /communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team and also to work independently when required.
- The ability to adapt to change in demands on a day to day basis.
- Experience of working with colleagues in a cross -departmental /multi-disciplinary delivery role.
- Good level of computer literacy.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Our core purpose is to improve the life chances of our learners. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections.
Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.