About the Role
Are you passionate about training and developing others? Do you have experience in Project Management that you'd love to pass on? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for delivering apprenticeships. We are seeking an outstanding Assessor to plan, deliver and assess the Level 4 Project Management Apprenticeship.
If you are experienced in Project Management and are interested and passionate about supporting the training and development of others, we encourage you to apply for this exciting job opportunity. The successful candidate will work closely with a range of employers to ensure that our apprentices receive the highest level of training within Project Management and must hold a minimum of a Level 4 PMQ or specialist qualification in this chosen specialist subject.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual in Project Management, to dive into the work of apprenticeships. The job role will include; planning, coordinating, assessing and reviewing the learning activities associated with learners in the workplace. Deliver training and conduct training and assessment covering skills and competencies as appropriate on and off site as required to facilitate timely or relevant success of students and provide a wide range of training solutions based on employer needs. The post holder will be allocated a caseload of students with a responsibility to ensure that the College meets its contractual commitments.
In return, we offer a rewarding role where you can share your expertise to shape the next generation of Project Managers. If you want to inspire apprentices to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat or if you have any questions relating to this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What You Will Do
- Provide training and or/assessment in appropriate disciplines (including Functional Skills) to a range of students on their selected programme or training.
- Be responsible for a caseload of candidates ensuring timely completion within agreed timescales appropriate for level and individual needs.
- Be responsible for managing the overall delivery of the Apprenticeship framework or standard.
- Support the Apprenticeship Leads and Recruitment team with: the recruitment, enrolment, sign up of students, completion of all contract documentation; provision of Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) for students and where applicable, employers and health and safety checks.
- At the commencement of the programme work with the employer and learner to agree and record in each student’s Individual Learning Plan, clear milestones and targets to enable all components of the training programme to be monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or commitment to gaining within 24 months of commencement of employment
- Hold a minimum of a Level 4 PMQ or specialist qualification in this chosen subject
- Assessor A1 Award
- Knowledge and experience in the Healthcare Sector
- Knowledge and experience with supporting health and wellbeing within communities
- Knowledge and experience of on-site assessing
- Experience of creating and maintaining professional relationships with employers.
- Understanding and experience of current working practices in the Curriculum area
- Able to prepare and deliver training sessions in the curriculum area.
- Able to work without close supervision and resolve their own work problems using their own initiative.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills sufficient to network and develop effective links with external partners.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.