About the Role
Part-time role: 22.2 hours per week.
Careers, Work Experience & Progression is part of the Student Life Directorate. The Directorate leads on activities and strategies that contribute to an outstanding further education student experience closely aligned with the college's and group's strategic objectives.
Careers, Work Experience & Progression (CWP) supports students through guidance, opportunities, and experience to make informed life choices about their career pathways and destinations. The CWP team works collaboratively with curriculum departments and other service areas as well as external partners.
This role will lead on the systems used by the central careers team and wider college, namely UCAS and ECCTIS, to support positive destinations and will monitor and drive improvement in the recording of CEIAG activity, including staff training. The role includes line managing a small cohort of Careers Advisers.
The successful candidate will need to have experience and understanding of the higher education sector, including higher-level apprenticeships. And will be able to support students to select and achieve aspirational destinations through one-to-one guidance, career education sessions/workshops and career events and presentations.
What You Will Do
- Ensure the consistency and quality of CIAG and campus-based career education i.e. tutorial content, curriculum information sessions, One to One guidance including pre-entry guidance.
- Lead on the use of systems, such as UCAS, ECCTIS (NARIC), Navigate and
- Promonitor to support student progression, drive improvement of data collection and analysis and deliver CPD to support staff teams to improve their practice.
- Sustain a Career Adviser caseload and share and support good practice for Luminate based Career Advisers.
- Lead and performance manage a team of Career Adviser.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Post graduate Qualification in Careers Guidance or level 6 equivalent.
- Understanding of the diversity of the student body and the impact of individual difference on career and learning choices.
- Experience of recording and monitoring student interventions and use of different systems to support student progression - pre entry and destinations.
- Knowledge of impact evaluation and demonstrate its contribution to service improvement.
- Experience of leading, mentoring, coaching, and supporting staff, especially working across departments or organisations.
- Ability to influence and effect change to enhance use of career and college systems.
- Experience of using UCAS, ECCTIS, and other digital platforms, including Google, MS Office applications, software solutions and VLEs.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.