About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Service Team in a Contact Centre role.
We are a friendly, enthusiastic team with a passion for working with a diverse group of people, to deliver an outstanding customer experience to our students, visitors and stakeholders. We take pride in guiding our students on their journey to achieve their aspirations. Our perfect day is to see all our students start their college day with a smile and have fun while they learn!
We are part of a 50-plus strong Student Recruitment and Customer Experience Department, and we are located at Park Lane Campus in central Leeds with easy access to the train and bus station. You will be part of a constantly growing team of customer experience assistants working in a busy contact centre; no one day is the same; you will deal with a variety of enquiries, including giving information and guidance to potential and current students to guide them to their chosen course and career path.
What You Will Do
- To be that friendly and enthusiastic voice on the other end of the phone - providing a positive and memorable service to all students, potential students, staff, and any other stakeholders across Luminate Education Group.
- To provide outstanding customer service, information and guidance over several different contact facilities, including telephone, email and web chat that represents the Luminate brand.
- Provide information and guidance to current and potential students on their journey from application to enrolment.
- Identify customers' needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Take an active part in all college student recruitment related events such as open days and curriculum-specific activities.
- Promote course-specific curriculum programs and activities.
- Work to flexible and diverse workflows and shift patterns in line with business needs including the occasional Saturday.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role/environment.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above (or commitment to achieving this within one year of appointment) .
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.