About the Role
Part-Time, Reduced Year contract: 30 hours, 36 weeks per year.
To work closely with the Chef Manager to manage the student café service to a high standard, assist in the preparation of food and snacks, deliver excellent customer service, and keep the kitchen and restaurant areas clean and tidy at all times.
What You Will Do
- Ensure the customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers at all times, seek appropriate knowledge of food items, and keep service areas clean and fully stocked.
- Assist the Chef Manager in food preparation.
- Stock & clean vending machines.
- Use an EPOS till.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of the café and cooking areas, including washing up and cleaning of equipment.
- Ensure food safety requirements are adhered to at all times and all due diligence records are completed accurately.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situation.
- Customer and service skills.
- the ability to work well with overs.
- to be thorough and pay attention to details.
- to be flexible and open to change.
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- Hold a level food hygiene certificate or willing to work toward getting one.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Our core purpose is to improve the life chances of our learners. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections.
Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.