About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an HR Administrator/Advisor to join our growing shared service HR team. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Administrators to work alongside us to drive the HR service offering to our customers. We are a friendly and supportive team, with a passion to deliver an outstanding service to our stakeholders across the group.
As an HR Advisor, you would be supporting our customers and stakeholders at all points of the employee lifecycle, including pre-employment checks, onboarding, staff changes, maternity leave, and payroll. The successful candidate will already have a good grounding in HR administration. Equally important is a positive approach to customer service, an ability to manage a busy workload and attention to detail. If you are a committed individual looking for an exciting challenge in the education sector, we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications, so early application is advised. If you would like the opportunity to discuss the role informally, please contact Michelle Crookston, Senior HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Will Do
- First line of contact for all HR queries.
- Working collaboratively across the group to ensure the service supports managers, employees and key stakeholders.
- Providing high quality administrative support on HR matters.
- Maintaining accurate HR records • Producing reports, data and support (including note taking) for Employee Relations cases and other HR activities.
- Completing pre-employment compliance checks for new starters.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team to meet deadlines.
- Ensuring that all changes are communicated to payroll in line with payroll deadlines.
- Experience of working in a varied HR role.
- Knowledge of a broad range of HR systems and processes.
- Able to provide good customer support.
- Able to prioritise work with competing demands.
- A competent user of Microsoft Office Packages, including Word and Excel, and experience of using HR systems.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.