About the Role
Are you passionate about shaping the future of young minds and driving excellence in education? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and aspire to contribute to the success of both learners and the college community? If so, we invite you to explore a rewarding career opportunity as the Head of Motor Vehicle and Low Carbon Technologies at our esteemed Printworks Campus .
As the Head of Motor Vehicle and Low Carbon Technologies, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and advancing our Motor Vehicle, Transportation, and Low Carbon Technologies programmes. This challenging yet fulfilling position requires determination, commitment, and a proven track record of success in curriculum management within the Further Education sector.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the Motor Vehicle and Low Carbon Technologies teams, driving the development of a relevant and impactful curriculum.
- Provide evidence of proven success data, demonstrating a commitment to high standards and quality-driven outcomes.
- Lead initiatives that positively impact learner achievement and enhance the overall learner journey.
- Collaborate with the Management Team to shape and drive the college's offerings in Motor Vehicle, Transportation, and Low Carbon Technologies.
- Enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective leadership and programme development.
- Drive the department to become outstanding
- Recent experience in a key management position within the Further Education sector leading a Good or Outstanding Department.
- A track record of successful curriculum management, ideally with experience in implementing Motor Vehicle and Sustainability programs.
- Proven ability to provide direction and leadership that inspires confidence and commitment from others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fostering positive relationships to drive continuous improvement.
- If you are ready to make a significant impact on the lives and opportunities of young people and meet the criteria outlined above, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact Lee Pryor Principal Printworks Campus Tel: 0113 2846496 Mobile: 07917 428031 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.