About the Role
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post - 16 students within the Leeds City region. This role requires an experienced SEND professional to lead on the placement and support of students with Educational Health and Care Plans, SEND and ALS needs across a specific campus/ cohort. You will be an operational main point of contact with parents and curriculum staff, make a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students, and line manage a highly effective team within the SEND department.
What You Will Do
- Support with the annual review process by chairing meetings and completing paperwork that meets the Local Authority standards and within statutory timelines.
- Ensure delivery of support in line with assessed needs and funding, line management and leadership of identified staff.
- Liaise with curriculum staff and external agencies to establish effective support and interventions in line with students needs.
- Extensive and proven experience of working with students who have High Needs / SEND and the implementation of appropriate support strategies.
- Successful and proven experience of managing, leading, mentoring, training and supporting staff whilst developing and maintaining professional relationships.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation. in relation to SEND / High Needs learners.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current Government SEND legislation/guidance related to transition, education, social care and health.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
Academic 37 days
Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.