About the Role
Permanent, Full time, Reduced Year, 38 weeks based at Printworks
The food services department are at the heart of the student experience and it is our shared aim that we provide an environment that creates a better future through inspirational actions that will change lives. We are a fast paced, hard working environment but one that is underpinned by optimism and fun.
What You Will Do
- Effectively manage the café delivering an excellent high-quality service.
- Cook and prepare all meals and snacks for the Café, ensuring menus are innovative and nutritious, current and meets the needs of our customers.
- Control the budget for the purchasing and ordering of food, achieving GP margins and control other costs associated with in the business.
- Motivate and train the team of food service assistants to ensure they provide a high-quality service for our customers & students.
- To accurately account for the receiving, recording and storing of monies/stock/purchasing.
- To ensure all due diligence, HACCP and allergen legislation is adhered too at all times.
- To maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of the department.
- To regularly gain feedback from customers to develop and enhance service provision.
- Must have a Food Hygiene certificate
- Previous work experience of managing a refectory / canteen or similar food outlet
- Experience of producing a range of produce to a high standard within a short period of time
- Able to follow Food Hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records
- Experience work experience in of producing and serving food in a busy environment
- Good knowledge and experience of health and food safety practices
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.