About the Role
15 hours per week
Fixed term till April 2024 (maternity cover)
The Learner Support Fund helps reduce the challenges learners from disadvantaged communities and those living in associated poverty, including but not limited to refugees and asylum seekers, face whilst at college.
This role is to support our eligible Adult students with bus passes and meal cards so they come to us and study knowing that it will not add additional cost to their life.
The role will be based at our Enfield Centre off Roundhay Road and will be limited to Thursdays and Fridays.
The successful candidate will be part of our Business Support Team.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the the distribution of travel passes and meal cards to students
- Have an understanding of data processing, data protection, information security and confidentiality
- Work with the college’s central team to ensure students needs are met.
- Ensure administrative and organisational tasks, meeting agreed targets and published deadlines are completed within the deadlines set
- Produce information for the school on the distribution and effectiveness of funds including collating and monitoring projected and actual expenditure of all student funding
- Must have GCSE English & Maths as Grade C/Level 4 or equivalent
- You will have excellent customer service skills with the ability to build rapport with our students
- Previous work experience in an administration/customer service area
- Previous experience of using different systems and databases
- Must be able able to use Microsoft Office & Google Packages
- You will have a high level of problem solving skills and able to work under your own initiative
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.