About the Role
Leeds City College are recruiting for a Teacher in Business to join our team. We are looking for a committed, passionate educator and business specialist to work within our team of highly skilled teachers and support staff.
Within the School of Business we deliver a varied curriculum at levels one, two and three, which includes both BTEC and T level academic skills, to students mostly aged 16-19.
Our highly skilled team of specialist teachers and support staff takes pride in developing our students’ personal and employability skills to prepare them for their future life and work. We have a strong emphasis on working as a team, offering mutual support and flexibility while striving for the highest standards for our students. Our ultimate goal is to enable our learners to become independent, skilled individuals who excel in the industry specialisms they have chosen.
Please note, although the closing date for the vacancy is specified in the advert, should a suitable candidate for the role be found before this date, the advert may be closed. We therefore advise that if you are interested in applying for the role, to submit an application as soon as possible.
What You Will Do
- You will be delivering BTEC / T level courses at level 2 and 3 to full time learners, mainly aged 16-18. You will be responsible for planning, tracking and assessment throughout the year.
- You will work with the Business team to facilitate relevant lesson delivery which will mirror the ever changing nature of the business world.
- You will support our learners with support and guidance throughout their academic journey by helping to create exciting/relevant industry standard resources that can aid in the delivery of the business courses within our school.
- You will have experience in a Further Education setting specialising in a Business delivery at levels 1, 2 and 3, and be able to demonstrate a passion for new and innovative ideas around curriculum development.
- Your experience will include positively managing students to ensure excellent retention, achievement, success and attendance with our cohort of learners.
- You will build positive relationships with students and staff using restorative practice techniques, be flexible and a positive role model across our campus.
- Your skill-set will also include excellent organisation skills and the ability to provide productive insight into the development of the courses.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.