About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form College are looking for an outstanding English Language Lecturer to join our team.
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. We offer a range of A level, vocational and GCSE subjects and are committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match.
What You Will Do
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress, motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- You will hold an Honours Degree in English Language or a relevant subject, have relevant experience in teaching these to 16-18 year-olds up to level 3.
- You will also hold or working towards a recognised teaching qualification.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
By joining Leeds Sixth Form College you join a community dedicated to improving the lives of young people through education. Whether you’re inspiring the next generation with your dynamic teaching or supporting the work of those who do, you know you will be making a positive impact every day.
Choosing to work for Leeds Sixth Form College means that you will be part of a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Sixth Form College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.